FIFTY THREE TWO
Reg Charity: 1 179418
53two are looking for sponsors for an exciting charity and award winning theatre and bar venue, right in the heart of Manchester City Centre, on the doorstep of several new developments. The venue is already the only city centre, wheelchair accessible independent theatre.
We are looking for exclusive headline sponsors to increase our capacity and add to the accessibility of the venue. The Auditorium, named after these sponsors, will welcome up to 16,000 guests per year, attending ground breaking theatre and events featuring, for example, Manchester International Festival performances along with business symposiums. Guests will also attend the theatre space and theatre bar for weddings, workshops, product launches and a whole range of other events.
The venue is two adjoining arches on Watson Street. The first completed arch is our bar and hospitality venue open from 11am to 1am at the weekend. Our guests range from those holding business meetings, creative writers, theatre goers, families, Sunday drinkers and post-show wrap parties.
Whilst other City Centre venues are currently struggling following the impact of Coronavirus, 53two goes from strength to strength, with support from Arts Council England, Manchester City Council and many individual supporters and patrons. 53two have secured a 15 year lease and the bar area, the first of two arches (directly opposite the new access to Deansgate Castlefield Metrolink station) has been open for 8 months, bolstering its name as the place to go for creatives and its name as one of the most accessible venues in the city – all our staff are BSL trained. The second arch is currently a ‘pop-up’ theatre and events space for 80 people, already hosting the likes of Manchester International Festival. Funding dependent, we plan to develop this later this year into a fully accessible 150 seater venue with retractable seating, creating space for 300 patrons, standing. The funding will also add a changing places toilet.
Your support will make amazing things happen. We’re looking for sponsors up to the sum of £50,000 and would look to naming the space after you/your company for a number of years. This would reach;
- More than 16,000 visitors annually to the theatre and theatre bar, with still more for hospitality events.
- 18,000 followers on the 53two social media platforms.
- National press opportunities, with 53two already featured in the Guardian, ITV and BBC news to name a few;
‘Very early on in our journey with DANC (Disabled Artists Networking Community), Manchester’s 53two donated us their space for an event. They understood us immediately and a series of ground-breaking initiatives followed: venue founder Simon Naylor hand-built a ramp to the stage and within weeks our members were in monologue slams, performances, rehearsals and training – participating throughout their programme.’ - Cherylee Houston, Coronation Street in The Guardian; Theatres That Made Us
‘53two, an arts hub in Manchester, said they wanted the video to show performers with disabilities or life-changing illnesses should be given more opportunities in TV and film.’ – BBC News
- Your logo appearing on every ticket printed, every programme produced and on the 53two website which achieves 100,000 unique hits per year.
- In return for your support – in addition to the increased press and publicity opportunities and having naming rights to the 53two auditorium – 53two would love to:
- Provide you and your guests with VIP tickets to a number of events throughout the year. This will include world premiere performances and ground breaking theatre.
- A space for your team to host meetings, events and more in the heart of the City.
- The potential for workshops with young and/or disadvantaged persons under your name, through our outreach department.
- And once terms have expired, give you first refusal to renew the agreement.
53two have, over the past five years, built a reputation for inclusivity as the only fully disabled accessible theatre in Manchester City Centre. The 53two ethos is one of not only providing a creative hub for the physically disabled, but for those underserved in any way by the creative industries. 53two take to heart their own Corporate Social Responsibilities.
A full prospectus and details of 53two and the Watson Street arches is attached, which also contains many testimonials from patrons, who look forward to returning to a new, welcoming home alongside your own development.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further information.
07432 198 724